Dienstag, 26. Oktober 2010

Basil Hardhouse - The Smooth Track (1991)


This post is dedicated to my friend Ari from the Beautiful Swimmers, who reminded me of this little beauty from the deep and spectacular Nu Groove vaults!
The Record simply shows the vast diversity of our beloved and cult New York dance Label Nu Groove Records, which mainly operated from late eighties until the golden New York house years of the early nineties in an exemplary way(mistakenly considered by many as a straight House and Techno imprint). As the name implies, The Smooth Track is a dreamy, light and jazzy downbeat affair, spreading magic over eight minutes to get lost in it. I always want to have a repeat button on my turntable when i hear this! Thanks Ari, for making me dig this gem out again. Smooth greetings to D.C.!

Basil Hardhouse - The Smooth Track
Pin It

Keine Kommentare: